Have you already defined the steps of the purchase process of your customers?
Have you developed marketing tools for each of these steps?
If, no, you risk greatly reducing your marketing ROI.
That's why it's very important to set up a buy funnel before building your marketing strategy.
When marketing a product or service, the development of a purchasing process allows you to accompany your customers throughout their purchase journey and maximize sales.
The Best sales funnel software can accomplish just that.
what are sales funnel
A sales funnel, also called funnel of purchase, is the visual representation of the customer's journey, describing the sales process from awareness to action.
The funnel, sometimes called marketing funnel, illustrates the idea that every sale starts with a large number of potential customers and ends with a much smaller number of people making a purchase.
The purchase funnel, or purchasing funnel, is a consumer focused marketing model which illustrates the theoretical customer journey map towards the purchase of a product or service. Wikipedia
How sales Funnel Works
The stages of sales funnel vary from company to company, but they are generally divided into four sections.
Awareness: This step includes the largest number of potential customers. It is at this point that customers have identified a problem, started to find a solution and become aware of an organization through inbound marketing, a mailing campaign, social selling or other avenues.
Interest: At this stage, the number of prospects begins to decrease, but the possibility of a sales conversion increases. This is usually the time when the client engages with the organization, asks for more information and asks questions.
Decision: Once the client is aware of the organization, looking for answers to their questions, it is time to make a decision. This stage of the process may include sales offers and additional research on the different options presented by the organization.
Action: All the steps mentioned above go to the final step: the action. At this point, the customer has decided to buy the product
There are plenty of tools that are available online that help you do just that, such as ClickFunnels, Kartra, SamCart, Thrivecart, Teachable, Cartflows, SendOwl, and Podia.
In the following article, we are going to be talking about the eight best-known sales funnels tools that are used by businesses to grow and scale their brand.
The Best Sales Funnel Softwares
This is probably a name you are already familiar with. ClickFunnels is one of the leading sales funnel tools available online today.
ClickFunnels was created back in 2014, and it has since turned into a $100 million business with 65,000 active members as of 2018.
But what does ClickFunnels offer really?
At its core, ClickFunnels is an online tool that allows you to build landing pages and squeeze pages and create webinars, membership sites, and just about any type of sales funnel out there.
ClickFunnels also allows you to create your own affiliate program with Backpack and replace your email service with Actionetics MD and its Etison Suite package.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by ClickFunnels:
- Create and design your own funnel with ClickFunnels Page Editor.
- Pypeline is a high-touch CRM system.
- With Actionetics, you can create “Smart Lists” and send messages to your audience.
- Backpack is another all-in-one affiliate software that allows you to add an affiliate program to any sales funnel.
- Choose any one of the pre-developed membership site templates with Wasabi.
- Get The Only Sales Funnel Template You'll Ever Need.
The best part about using ClickFunnels is that it offers all of these tools in a single unified package. Furthermore, ClickFunnels’ platform provides business owners with an easy and affordable way of creating sales funnels regardless of one’s industry or niche.
ClickFunnels is available in the following packages:
- Startup: $97/month
- Free Trial: 14-day free trial available
- Enterprise: $297/month
You May Also Like : 21 Best ClickFunnels Alternatives (Save Your Bank)
Listening to your customer on how they want you to approach them in each marketing funnel’s stages ensure an efficient and agreeable buyer’s journney .
Kartra is a relatively new addition in sales funnel tools, but it has had quite an impressive start, and considered one of the best sales funnel builder.
While ClickFunnels is likely to attract larger and more established businesses, platforms such as Kartra appeal to startups and small businesses that are looking for a decent alternative to ClickFunnels.
As compared to ClickFunnels, the learning curve with Kartra isn’t that steep, enabling anyone with a decent background in marketing to create an effective marketing funnel.
Kartra allows users to create a “sequence,” which is a string of events that can execute a marketing funnel plan on autopilot.
Thanks to the folks at Kartra creating a sequence is incredibly easy even for beginners. All you have to do is follow the instructions and set a course of action for your funnel.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by Kartra:
- Design automated marketing funnels and comprehensive campaigns with the drag-and-drop campaign sequence builder.
- Create and send personalized emails based on recipients' behaviors.
- Split test every page for the best ROI.
- Deliver content to your paid and free members with the Membership Portal management system.
- The built-in Affiliate Management System allows you to manage multiple affiliates selling your products or service.
- Its ability to let you create multi-dimensional funnels allows you to market with limitations.
- Add 1-click upsells, down-sells, cross-sells to checkouts.
- EZ Installments allows you to provide your customers with monthly flexibility with an annual plan.
- Use video marketing with behavioral tagging.
Another major selling point of Kartra is that it offers loads of features such as setting up a membership portal, automated campaigns, drip campaigns, broadcasts, and autoresponders.
Additionally, users get access to helpdesk and a new scheduling feature.
Overall, Kartra offers some pretty impressive tools, which is probably why internet marketing guruFrank Kern has also endorsed the platform.
Kartra is available in the following packages:
- Starter: $1 for 14 days, then $69/month
- Silver: $1 for 14 days, then $139/month
- Gold: $1 for 14 days, then $299/month
- Diamond: $1 for 14 days, then $699/month
Your Source of Traffic
Related Topic : The 20 Best Shopping Cart Software You Can Try Today
Similar to ClickFunnels, SamCart is another crowd favorite when it comes to creating sales funnels and online marketing campaigns.
The idea behind SamCart is to provide marketers with a simple solution for selling products online by creating an effective shopping cart that can integrate with the most popular email service providers.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by SamCart:
- Users are also allowed to customize each page to make it more in sync with their website.
- Choose from one of the 18 pre-designed templates for the checkout page.
- Also allows you to add pop-ups to the checkout page.
- Adding upsells are optional in SamCart and can be done with one click.
- Users can also create split tests, add coupons.
- Ability to add trust seals to a page for better conversions.
- Integrate other features to make their sales funnel more effective.
- The Sandbox mode allows users to test what they have created before it goes live.
- Its Zapier integration with more than 700 marketing apps.
- Powerful affiliate management system lets you control others marketing your products for you.
What makes SamCart a great option for e-commerce businesses is that the entire process takes less than 30 minutes.
Considered as one of the most powerful platforms for creating engaging conversion optimization checkout pages it can add some real value to your sales funnel.
SamCart Demo is available in the following packages:
- Pro: $99/month
- Premium: $199/month
Tips When Creating A Sales Funnel:
Software choices are tough! if you are still confused check this post to find the best sales funnel software for your business.
ThriveCart boasts of being the world’s easiest and most powerful cart platform. It offers ready to use cart templates and a whole host of point-and-click features to measure the results of each funnel.
The first thing you’re going to notice about the platform is it gives you several options to navigate your account right from the dashboard.
ThriveCart basically offers everything one would need when selling physical products.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by ThriveCart:
- Create high converting carts and reduce cart abandonment.
- Create up to three up-sells per page.
- Allows you to perform A/B tests on-the-fly and manage weak spots.
- Powerful and easy to use an affiliate management center.
- Display bump offers right on the cart for maximum exposure.
- Tiles on the metrics page are movable, allowing further customization.
- Click on the ‘add tracking’ button to add real-time tracking to selected customers.
- Many autoresponder integrations, including HubSpot, ConverKit, ActiveCampaign, Infusionsoft, and AWeber Email Marketing and many more.
- GDPR marketing consent checkbox option available.
- Multiple payment options available, including Apple Pay.
Compared to the other sales funnel tools, ThriveCart has supposedly pre-tested all of the checkout templates to provide the best conversion results.
Creating an “authority insider product” is extremely easy and can be completed in just a few minutes.
Apart from Stripe and PayPal, users also have the option of selecting Apple Pay as a payment option, which is great for users of Apple products.
This also allows Apple users to use their thumbprint to purchase your product. Since it works seamlessly with online course platforms, it’s the best option for selling eBooks.
ThriveCart is available in the following packages:
- NO MONTHLY FEE
- ThriveCart Pricing : $495
- ThriveCart also offers customers an option to choose how much they pay to use the service.
Sales Funnel Mistakes To Avoid
Teachable , another sales funnel software, primary focus is on launching great looking online courses. The online course creation module is easy to understand and allows you to create attractive courses in a matter of minutes.
The platform allows users to upload any type of file: image, video, PDF, or audio.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by Teachable:
- All the tools you need to create and present your online course.
- The dashboard offers intuitive functionality.
- Pre-designed sales page templates.
- Great for sharing an online curriculum.
- Unlimited video hosting is another great advantage of using Teachable.
- Power Editor offers more personalization for sales pages.
- Learning Management System features built-in course authoring.
- The platform uses Wistia for its video hosting which results in crisp and clear videos.
- Drag-and-drop builder makes it easy to create detailed courses.
- Teachable features go head to head with similar services such as Udemy or Uscreen.
- The dashboard allows users to create a good structure for their course.
- Market your course with the help of built-in coupons, promotions, and affiliate programs.
Its modern and simple interface allows users to easily create and organize courses. The only downside of using Teachable is that it’s only ideal for creating online courses, and not to sell an e-book, although you can package it into your course.
The pre-designed sales page templates make it easy for you to market your course online. You also get to blog for your website and use Teachable’s forum to discuss the courses you offer.
Teachable is available in the following packages:
- Basic Package: $29
- Professional Package: $79
- Business Package: $499
Users also have the option of paying no upfront course just a commission on each course sold.
1. Try to make the customers feel secure as they’re checking out. Your checkout page shouldn’t differ a lot from the design scheme on the rest of the site.
2. Encourge your readers to take action and introducing urgency and scarcity. Introduce a limited offer and encourage people to act now rather than later!
CartFlows is a relative newcomer in the sales funnels creator niche.
The main selling point of this tool is that it’s a completely self-hosted service. This means you’re not going to be logging into a different platform.
What sets it apart is that you’re not going to be logging in on CartFlows to access your account, but rather, you are going to be logging into your account from your own business website.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by CartFlows:
- A WordPress plugin that goes on the WP dashboard.
- The tool is self-hosted with WordPress and fully customizable with WooCommerce.
- Ability to integrate with 30 websites makes it easier to reach a large audience.
- No limit to the number of up-sells / down-sells or bumps for a checkout page.
- The platform allows users to improve their pages over time with conversion rate optimization.
- Focus on higher value activities while scaling your marketing efforts.
- Overall, CartFlows allows users to increase their average order value.
- If you’re already using WP, WooCommerce or LifterLMS for your membership website, including CartFlows to your membership tech stack can help improve conversion rates.
- Reach out to potential customers via email to minimize cart abandonment.
- Multiple plugins available, including, Astra Theme, WooCommerce, AffiliateWP, and page builder plugins such as Beaver Builder and Elementor.
- The platform offers loads of articles covering common questions and Elite Support which allows you to ask queries on-the-fly.
Since the platform seamlessly integrates with WooCommerce, so whatever products that you are selling at your e-commerce store, you can take those and add it to a customized page to enhance the entire experience of your customers.
It also allows you to add an unlimited amount of up-sells and down-sells to your checkout page, significantly increasing the chances of a sale.
Also, analytics are built into the flow itself, so you can view and measure the performance of every page you build.
Since CartFlows helps control the flow process at checkout, additional services such as monthly subscriptions and recurring payments will require a WooCommerce subscription extension.
CartFlows is available in the following packages:
- CartFlows Pro: $299/Yr.
Don’t discard audiences who aren’t ready to make a ''right away'' buying decision, they are an absolute goldmine. Don’t ignore those who have already purchased from you because they likely to come back and purchase again from you if you give them a good experience and value.
Similar to SamCart, this is another pure check-out tool, but the real difference between the two is in the pricing. SendOwl offers a convenient alternative to those users who find SamCart’s pricing a bit too steep or startups that are operating on a shoestring budget.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by SendOwl:
- Connects payment providers making it easier to get paid while delivering files to the buyer once completed.
- A great option for selling audio, video, software, codes, dress patterns of just about any other digital file.
- Quick Sell link to send to customers you've already made the sale to.
- Place download links in different folders to keep the download page organized.
- Videos can be configured to stream rather than download.
- Can be integrated with S2 Member Pro, MemberHouse, and WishList Member.
- Drip functionality streamlines the process of selling subscriptions.
- No need to sell through expensive third-party channels.
- Accepts payments from PayPal, Stripe, and BitPay, ApplePay, Bitcoin, and Bancontact.
- Accept credit card payments without having to process the payments on your own server.
- More advanced affiliate program.
SendOwl sellers can either sell using social media accounts or email listings, a website, or ecommerce software driven site.
One of the reasons for SendOwl’s popularity is it lets you sell directly from your website.
This, in turn, allows you to bypass third-party fees so you can keep most of your profits.
You can get started with just the $9/ month subscription which will allow you to use SendOwl to integrate to your payment gateway, get mobile-friendly checkout along with secure digital delivery.
But, what really sets SendOwl apart from the rest is that it doesn’t penalize you for selling more products, so if your sales volume increases, you can still continue to work with your initial monthly subscription without having to upgrade to a premium package.
SendOwl is available in the following packages:
- Basic Package: $9 month
- Standard: $15 month
- Business: $39 month
- Premium: $24 month
An effective sales funnel can be huge for business because it automates all the tedious stuff like sending single emails, running manual tests, and collecting data. This can be done easily now, and is affordable at the same time. You should take some time right now to figure out how you can implement a sales funnel to your business.
Podia started off as a service called Coach, which was used by sellers of online courses and digital downloads.
In 2017, Coach rebranded to the more creator-friendly Podia and now allows creators to offer memberships to their customers.
Rather than directing the user to choose between a particular campaign category, Podia prompts users to set up a membership upon signup.
Those interested in your content can then sign up to get access to it in return for a monthly fee.
The following are a few of the features that are offered by Podia:
- Surprise-free setup process.
- Start selling memberships, digital courses, and digital downloads as soon as your account has been set up.
- Podia supports many different file types.
- The platform is a true all-in-one digital storefront.
- Podia drag-and-drop Editor gives you complete control over your storefront and sales page.
- Allows you to create an amazing membership website.
- Build long-term relationships with your audience by publishing regular content.
- Easily add popular tools like Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel etc., to your Digital Storefront.
- Complete transparency in sales and advertising.
- A series of step-by-step articles covering all aspects of the software.
Ability to create membership websites makes it easier to create recurring revenue, adding to your profits.
The best part about using Podia is that customers only need to enter their email address and payment info to buy downloadable products – no need to sign-up or subscribe to the service.
Podia is available in the following packages:
- Mover: $39 month
- Shaker: $79 month
BuilderAll is an unlimited all-in-one Smart Website building platform that launched in 2017 to the US market.
This system provides individuals and businesses with the ability to have beautiful websites, blogs, and sales funnels within one platform.
They have more than 20 templates and blueprints of professional sales funnels ready for you to lightly edit, each with tutorials included!
In addition, they offer a variety of options, integrations, and checkout possibilities like transparent, 2-step, or 3-step checkout.
You can include upsells and downsells, or bump-sells and conditional products at checkout too.
Here is a list of the main features of the BA platform:
- Collect and manage email subscribers (no more email marketing service)
- Send unlimited emails (no more silly sending restrictions)
- Build high-quality websites (no more searching for the right WordPress theme or hiring an external design firm)
- Create high-converting sales pages (no more landing page services or plugins)
- Create membership sites (no more WooCommerce woes)
- Sales funnels (no more expensive autoresponder services)
- Create videos (no more expensive videographers & editors)
- Track SEO metrics (no more rank tracking tools)
- On page SEO reports
- Click maps and heat maps to learn about your visitor’s behavior
- And MUCH more to help you minimize costs, time, and run your business smoothly
According to the BuilderAll pricing page, the current pricing structure is broken down into 3 levels:
$9.90 per month for a single domain and several features but no Mailing Boss.
$29.90 per month with unlimited domains and all the features above.
$49.90 per month which gives you all features and the business opportunity.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to what you are selling and what results you are looking for.
For many startups and entrepreneurs, options such as SendOwl, Kartra, CartFlows, and ThriveCart, will be attractive options with their low or no monthly fee for basic usage.
While larger companies with deeper pockets will look to get more comprehensive services of ClickFunnels, SamCart, Teachable or Podia as their prefered Sales Funnel Software.
Disclosure: ''This post contains affiliate links which means we may get a commission if you make a purchase. Our opinions are our own and we only share what we believe you’ll find helpful. You won’t pay anything extra but it helps us support the running of this website and continue to publish helpful content. Thank you''
Further Readings :